A few notes about streaming live using RTMP:
- Use a wired network. Cellular network connections are flaky and do not provide a sustained throughput.
- If the streaming connection breaks for any reason, just re-establish connection. The network will tolerate a few mins of downtime. When streaming stops for 4-5 mins, the stream will automatically end, and we’ll need to recode both the stream key and the broadcast video URL.
- Note that there’ll be a stream encoding delay of about 20secs for the broadcast stream.
- In the broadcast stream, verify that audio of both left and right channels is working, audio volume is good, video and audio are in sync, and video quality is good i.e. not choppy or ghosting or skipping.
- Go down to 720p if necessary to get smoother streaming.