How do I set up my PayPal Merchant Account to work with Tikkl?
1. Create or upgrade to a Paypal Payments Pro account.
You need a Paypal Payments Pro account to process payments on your Tikkl pages.
- If you do not have a PayPal Payments Pro merchant account, start at https://www.paypal.com.
- Click on Business and scroll down to Merchant Services and Business Products.
- Select Paypal Payments Pro under Web Payments.
- Follow the steps on the PayPal site for creating / upgrading to your Payments Pro account.
- Make note of your PayPal Business Account name (usually the e-mail address you use when logging in).
2. Once you have a Paypal Payments Pro account, grant third-party permission to Tikkl to access your Paypal API.
Follow instructions from Paypal at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/third-party/ OR follow the instructions below.
- Log into https://www.paypal.com with your PayPal business account.
- Click the Profile icon at the top right, and then select Profile and Settings from the Business Profile menu. (If you do not see the profile icon at the top of the page, select Profile which appears in the top menu when the My Account tab is selected.) In the left menu, click My selling tools.
- In the Selling online section, click Update next to API access.
- On the API Access page, click the Grant API Permission link.
- Enter “billing_api1.tikkl.com” as the username of the third-party's PayPal account to whom you wish to grant permissions.
- On the Add New Third Party Permissions page, select all boxes / types of permissions to grant to Tikkl and click Add.
3. Set up your Merchant Account on Tikkl.
To do this, you will need to be an Org Owner on Tikkl (typically, the person who set up your company's account).
- In your Tikkl Account, click on “Settings” in the Org menu.
- Click on the “Merchant” tab.
- Click on the button labeled "add new merchant".
- Select the appropriate Merchant Type from the drop down menu (e.g.: PayPal Payments Pro).
- Enter you PayPal Payments Pro account name (usually the e-mail address you use to log in to your PayPal account).
- Click “Save”.